Sheldon College invites you to our Preparatory Open Morning – Wednesday 5 October 9:00am to 10:30am
Step inside one of our Preparatory classrooms today and you will be amazed at the results these seemingly small children are achieving. At this tender age, they are quickly becoming very capable readers and writers, who demonstrate essential skills to become twenty-first century learners. It’s why more and more parents are ensuring their child is provided with a strong foundation for learning and all agree that a child’s participation in a quality education program, truly lays the foundation for their child’s future success in learning and life.
We currently have a limited number of vacancies in our Preparatory program for years 2017 to 2019 and we welcome you to come and See, Hear and Feel a quality learning environment with our passionate Teaching staff.
Register here or phone (07) 3206 5555 for further details.
About Sheldon College
An independent, co-educational, non-denominational College situated in Redlands City committed to its basic philosophy of Love, Laughter and Learning, Sheldon College caters for children from 15 months of age through to Year 12. The College campus is located on 56 acres in a semi-rural setting in Taylor Road, Sheldon. The College was established in 1997 and is committed to providing a quality education for all students in a safe, secure learning environment which is characterised by high standards for both staff and students in the areas of dress and appearance, behaviour and individual scholarship and work habits.
The Mission of Sheldon College is “to provide a quality educational experience in an environment which encourages and enables our students to succeed in a constantly changing world”. Our Student Exit Outcomes ensure our students leave our College equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to become self-directed learners; creative thinkers/problem solvers/innovators; effective communicators and collaborators; information and media literate; skilled in the core literacies; and possessing high self-esteem. Our College Code of Behaviour is based around the four C’s of, Courtesy, Consideration, Co-operation and Common Sense.
At Sheldon College we see education as a partnership between the home and the school and we believe fundamentally that “What the homes are, the schools will be, and what the two are the future will be”.
Every Day is Open Day
Sheldon College welcomes any student who subscribes to the philosophy, ethos and Code of Conduct of the College. As partners in the educational process, it is also important to understand that students, parents and staff alike all have rights and responsibilities.
Our College aims to provide a warm, caring and supportive learning environment for all students whereby the 3 L’s of teaching (Love, Laughter and Learning) are evident in every teacher-student interaction.
At Sheldon College ‘Every Day is Open Day’, and we welcome you and your child to see, hear and feel the Sheldon College difference. Please contact us to arrange a time for us to take you on a personalised tour.
Sheldon College recognises that education is really about educating the whole child.
As educators we are faced with the task of preparing our students, unlike any generation before, to think critically and analytically. We know that students are more successful when they experience a broad, challenging and engaging curriculum; when they feel connected to their school and wider community; when they are healthy physically and emotionally; and when schools are safe and trusting places.
Sheldon College offers innovative curriculum programs catering for the following:
- Long Day Care (15months of age to School age)
- Kindergarten (Pre-Preparatory Program)
- Junior College (Years 1 to 4)
- Middle College (Years 5 to 8)
- Senior College (Years 9 to 12)
Sheldon College believes in offering its students opportunities beyond the classroom, across a broad range of educational disciplines. Students have the opportunity to explore and experience a wide variety of programs that ensure successful outcomes for every individual.
- Catering for Gifted and Academically Talented Children
- Senior Schooling options to create Pathways to Success
- University Links
- Aviation and Space Academy
- Arts Excellence Programs through the Australian School of the Arts
- Combined Performing Arts
- Visual Art
- Film, Television and New Media
- Business and Entrepreneur Programs
- National programs in Sport and Athletics
- Triathlon Australia School of Excellence
We often hear “It’s a resort, not a College”, and seeing is believing in this modern, state-of-the-art educational institution providing:-
- A Long Day Care Facility operating from 6.30am to 6.00pm daily, catering for children from 15 months to School Age in fully air-conditioned facilities operating for 50 weeks of the year
- A Kindergarten program operating as a three unit centre during school term time only from 8.20am – 3.00pm Monday to Friday
- Holiday programs, as well as Before and After College Care
- LINQ Precinct with a 140 seat LINQ Theatre incorporating a Business Enterprise Centre, Design Technologies Centre, Digital Technologies and Robotics, Film, Television and New Media Studios and Interactive Learning Spaces.
- State-of-the-art classrooms with the latest technology infrastructure
- Science laboratories
- Modern library and resource centres for both junior and senior students
- Performing Arts and music facilities including sound recording studios and Theatre
- Visual Art studios with accompanying sculpture courtyard
- An $18 Million dollar multipurpose Event Centre including an indoor sports centre with seating capacity for 2,000 people
- Fully equipped life fitness/calgym fitness centre
- 25 metre, heated 8 lane swimming pool
- 25 metre, heated indoor pool (catering for Learn to Swim)
- Two multipurpose playing fields incorporating a 400m running track and 2km cross country course
- 6 Tennis Courts and 4 Cricket Nets
- An Event Centre with seating capacity for 2,000 with on-site catering provided for any scale event
- On-site catering provided for the staff, students and parents through Café 97